Built within the envelope of the original short-action Ruger Precision Rifle, the new 6.5 PRC offering provides a compact package designed for a cartridge that allows for superior accuracy, flat trajectory and extended-range performance. With an increase in velocity of over 200 FPS over the immensely popular 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge, the 6.5 PRC has been dubbed its “big brother.” This rifle features a 26″ medium-contour barrel (0.75″ at the muzzle) with a factory-installed Ruger Precision Rifle Hybrid Muzzle Brake to effectively reduce recoil while minimizing noise and blast to the sides of the shooter.
Like all Ruger Precision Rifles, these new models feature a highly accurate, free-float, cold hammer-forged barrel manufactured from 4140 chrome-moly steel with 5R rifling for minimum bullet upset. Minimum bore and groove dimensions (air-gauged for process control) and a centralized chamber deliver outstanding accuracy and longevity.
These rifles also feature a hard-coat anodized, free-float handguard configured with Magpul M-LOK accessory attachment slots on all four sides for improved scope clearance and easy mounting of M-LOK-compatible rails and accessories. Integral QD sling attachment points eliminate the need for additional adaptors and a flat bottom 1.50″ dovetail is compatible with RRS S.O.A.R. and similar QD systems.
- In-line recoil path manages recoil directly from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, not through a traditional bedding system, providing maximum accuracy potential.
- Cold hammer-forged, chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber.
- Patented multi-magazine interface functions interchangeably with AICS and M110/SR-25/DPMS/Magpul-style magazines (works with some M14 magazines).
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable trigger is externally adjustable, with a trigger pull range of 2.25 to 5 pounds; wrench is stored in the bolt shroud.
- Ruger Precision MSR stock with QD sling attachment points features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad. The left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock. Length of pull and comb height are adjustable.
- Medium-contour (.75″ at the muzzle) barrel features a Ruger Precision Rifle Hybrid Muzzle Brake to effectively reduce recoil while minimizing noise and blast to the sides of the shooter.
- 15″ aluminum free-float handguard is black hard-coat anodized aluminum and features Magpul M-LOK slots on all four sides for improved scope clearance for long-range scopes and easy mounting of M-LOK-compatible rails and accessories.
- Ambidextrous manual safety for left- or right-handed lever manipulation.
- 20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with # 8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities.
- “Upper” receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion.
- Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body. Bolt body is nitrided for corrosion resistance, smooth operation and durability.
- Barrel can be replaced easily by a competent gunsmith using headspace gauges.
- Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip when bracing against shooting supports.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, with a 5/16″-24 thread pattern for easy replacement. Bolt disassembly tool is stored in the Ruger Precision® Rifle Billet Aluminum Bolt Shroud for easy striker channel cleaning.
- “Lower” magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum and are Type III hard-coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Extended trigger-reach AR-style grip and 45° ambidextrous safety selector. May be configured with any AR-style grip and selector.
- Also includes: two, 8-round AI-Style magazines.
- Model Number: 18042
- Caliber: 6.5 PRC
- Stock: Folding Adjustable Length of Pull and Comb Height
- Finish: Type III Black Hard-Coat Anodized
- Barrel Length: 26″
- Barrel: Cold Hammer-Forged 5R Rifling
- Thread Pattern: 5/8″-24
- Twist: 1:8″ RH
- Grooves: 5
- Weight1: 1 lb.
- Capacity: 8
- Height: 7.30″
- Overall Length: 45.25″-48.75″
- Length of Pull: 12″ – 15.50″
- Folded Length: 35.60″
- Width: 3.30″